Thursday, November 12, 2015

To Tangle a Trash Can...

In search of just the right trash can to put beside my art desk, I just couldn't seem to find one that fit the bill.

They were either too expensive or not the right color, pattern, shape, or size.

Then, at a local discount store, I spotted a plastic oval trash container.   Frosted white in color, it had a smooth feel and was just the perfect size, shape, AND price.  For an added bonus, it was a blank canvas for tangling.

Armed with my trusty Sakura IDENTI™PEN, tangles transformed it into what I had in mind ~

Tangled Trash Can by Adele Bruno, CZT

I began at the bottom with a row of perfs.  Then I added Crescent Moon (Maria Thomas) and embellished it with aura and more of the same.
Zenith (Maria Thomas) topped the can, followed by a burst of Uncorked (my tangle).  I added aura and small black perfs and repeated on the other side.
A middle band of Paisley Boa (Amy Brody, CZT) added the finishing touch.

While I could have added more tangles - and believe me it was so much fun, it was hard to stop - I rather liked the white space and called it finished.

For a few dollars and a bit of tangling, I now have a custom trash bin beside my art desk.


If you are looking for something similar for any room in your home, think of the possibilities!

ENJOY!














4 comments:

  1. Great idea Adele it came out great.😊 haven't seen paisley boa before so off to hunt for the step outs. I'm also amazed that I haven't tried out your uncorked yet. Guess what is on my list to try out tonight, thanks Adele :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paisley Boa can be found on google. There are some amazing pieces featured when you search google images.
      I think you will love Uncorked once you give it a try :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful and meticulously rendered! btw, how do you keep the middle band centered and straight around? do you use, eg, a masking tape as a guideline when rendering? would be helpful to know. thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you asked. I just eyed the tangle around the can. It begins with a curved line, so it was very forgiving. Masking tape would work - even a large rubber band...

      Delete